POWERSAFE HAND GUARD / FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Hand Guards are required for these tools by OSHA. Here are a few OSHA laws.
- Page #5 – Guards – The exposed moving parts of power tools need to be safe guarded, reciprocating, rotating, or moving parts of equipment must be guarded. Machine guards must be provided to protect the operator from the following:
- Point of operation
- In-running nip points
- Rotating parts
- Flying chips and sparks
- Page #7 – Portable abrasive wheel tools – Portable abrasive grinding, cutting, polishing, and wire buffing wheels create special safety problems because they may throw off flying fragments. Abrasive wheel tools must be equipped with guards. Abrasive wheels may disentegrate or explode during start up. Portable grinding tools need to be equipped with safety guards to protect workers not only from moving wheel surface, but also from flying fragments in case of wheel breakage.
Link to OSHA Publication Hand and Power Tools
RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
The product contains a Break-Seal Agreement, which limits our liability. By breaking that seal you signify your unconditional assent to the following terms and conditions.
The purchaser or user of any PowerSafe Product (“Customer”), does hereby waive and release, indemnify,and forever discharges PowerSafe, Inc., and Kimko Innovations, Inc. (“Company”), and its agents,employees, officers, directors, affiliates, successors, members, and assigns, of and from any and all claims,demands, debts, contracts, expenses, causes of action, lawsuits, damages and liabilities, of every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, that I ever had or may have, arising from or in anyway related to the product (“Product”) being provided to me by Company provided that this waiver of liability does not apply to any acts of gross negligence, or intentional, willful or wanton misconduct.
By this Waiver, I assume any risk, and take full responsibility and waive any claims of personal injury,death or damage to personal property associated with such Product, including but not limited to temporary or permanent damage to body, my physical extremities, myself, and personal property damage.
The provision of this Waiver and Release will continue in full force and effect even after termination of the Services being provided to me, whether by agreement, by operation of law, or otherwise.
I have read, understand and fully agree to the terms of this “RELEASE FROM LIABILITY” agreement,and the “POWERSAFE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS / USER GUIDE”. I understand and confirm that by breaking the seal of this product that this Waiver and Release, I have given up considerable future legal rights. I have signed this Agreement freely, voluntarily, under no duress or threat of duress, without inducement, promise or guarantee being communicated to me. My affirmative action of breaking the seal is proof of my intention to execute a complete and unconditional Waiver and Release of all liability to the full extent of the law.
You agree to contact PowerSafe if there are any issues of quality, overuse, or if the product appears to be unsafe. If you should have any questions or experience a problem with your PowerSafe Product, do not return this product to the store. Please call our customer service department. When you call, have the following information available: model no., date purchased and store location so a PowerSafe representative can resolve your problem over the phone. If you would like to make a suggestion or comment, give us a call or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your feedback is vital to us. PowerSafe is a DBA of Kimco Innovations, Inc.
POWERSAFE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS / USER GUIDE
Any piece of equipment can be dangerous if not operated properly. YOU are responsible for the safe operation of this equipment. The operator must carefully read and follow any warnings, safety signs and instructions provided with or located on the equipment. Do not remove, defeat, deface or render in operable any of the safety devices, latches, or warnings on this equipment. If any safety devices or warnings have been removed, defeated, defaced or rendered inoperable, DO NOT USE THIS EQUIPMENT!!!
WARNING! This product contains or produces one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! This product may contain small parts that may be hazardous to children. Keep your PowerSafe Product and power tools away from reach of minors.
- Never operate power equipment of any kind if you are tired or if you are under the influence of alcohol, drugs, medication or any substance that could affect your ability or judgment.
- Be alert! If you get tired while operating this equipment, take a break. Tiredness may result in loss of control.
- Use extreme caution: Keep your hands, feet and all other body parts clear of the attached blade at all times.
- This product uses latches to flexibly fit an assortment of power tools. It is your duty to make sure your PowerSafe Product is harnessed around your power tool properly. Improper use can lead to injury.
- Inspect the latches of your PowerSafe Product. Make sure that it closes properly and tightly. The intended shape of the product is a cone, if it become flattened or is any other shape, please contact customer service immediately.
- If the latches become loose, or fail to attach, please temporarily remove the PowerSafe Product and contact customer service immediately.
- Always wear eye, dust, and hearing protection.
- Know what & were you are cutting, if the blade makes contact with hidden wires or pipes electric shock will result!
Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry. Wear safety glasses, ear protection, and dust mask. Keep hands away from cutting area and blade.
- The product is intended to be a protection device. Keep blade guards in place and in working order.
- It is your duty to forward these instructions to any person you designate as an operator of your PowerSafe Product, whether the use is intentional, or incidental.
The safety instructions provided in this manual are not intended to cover all possible conditions andpractices that may occur when operating, maintaining and cleaning power tools and accessories. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH